Thursday 6 September 2012

2012-09-06-SandPoint

A surprise session.

I left Cranbrook at about 7:00am and drove to Sandpoint, where I stopped at McDonalds for breakfast.  As I was leaving the parking lot, Harold W drove past in front of me, and then turned North - away from the Gorge....  WTF.

Anyway, I drove south across the "Long Bridge".  The wind was up, there were big waves and white caps.  The Forecast for the Gorge wasn't very good - maybe I should stop here and sail.

Harold W - Looking forward to getting out on the water!

City Beach Park Launch Site...
I gave Harold W a call on his cell.  He was thinking of going for a mountain bike ride, but I talked him into going sailing.  We looked for a launch site on the south side of the river, but couldn't find one.  We ended up at "City Park", which is a beautiful park just outside of down town Sandpoint.  There is a great rigging area and a nice launch site.  There were a couple of Kiters and two other windsurfers out.

 Harold went out on his 5.2, and I was on my 5.6.  The wind was a bit gusty, but the water was very clean and warm.  Beautiful day.  I sailed until about noon, when the wind dropped a bit.  Harold (being 50 pounds lighter), sailed a bit later.




Great Day!
A replica Statue of Liberty
on the end of the Pier at the
City Beach Park.
At the end of the day, we met up with Blaine at the Condo! Looking forward to everyone else joining us!

Ted

No comments:

Post a Comment